How to focus on the experience of the here and now:
- I decide to wash the car, while I start at the garage I see that there is mail on the entrance cabinet
- I decide to check the mail first.
- I leave the car keys on the cabinet to throw empty envelopes and advertising in the garbage and I realize that the bucket is overfilled.
- Given that between the mail I found a bill I decide to take advantage of the fact that I go out to throw the rubbish for going up to the bank (that’s around the corner) to pay for the invoice with a check
- I take from the pocket the checkbook and I see that I have no cheques
- I go up to the bedroom to take the other booklet, and on the bedside table I find a can of beer that I was drinking just before and that I had forgotten there.
- I move it to look for the checkbook and I feel it’s hot … Then I decide to bring it in the fridge.
- As I leave the room I see on the dresser the flowers that gave me my son and I remember that I have to put them in the water.
- I place the beer on the dresser and there I find the eyeglasses that I’ve been looking for all morning.
- I decide to bring them into the studio and then I’ll put the flowers in the water
- As I go into the kitchen to look for a vase and wear glasses on the desk, with the tail of the eye
- Suddenly I see the remote controller.
- Someone must have forgotten it there (I remember last night we became crazy looking for it)
- I decide to take him to the room (in his place!!), I support the glasses on the fridge, I find nothing for the flowers, I take a glass high and fill it with water… (In the meantime, I put them in here …)
- I go back to the room with a glass in my hand, put the remote control on the dresser and place the flowers in the bowl, which is not suitable of course… and I drop a lot of water … damn!!!)
- I take the remote control in my hand and go to the kitchen to take a rag
- I leave the remote on the kitchen table and go out … I try to remember that I had to do with the rag in my hand …
> I spent two hours.
> I didn’t wash the machine.
> I didn’t pay the bill.
> the garbage can is still full.
> There’s a can of hot beer on the dresser.
> I didn’t put the flowers in a decent jar.
> In the cheque-holder there’s no cheque.
> I can’t find the television remote control or my glasses anymore.
I stop to think:
How can it be? I haven’t done anything all morning, but I haven’t had a moment to breathe … mah!!!
and you’re reading don’t laugh because if you haven’t happened yet… it will happen to you!!!
sooner than you think!!!
Focusing on the here and now !!!